AiM Trackday Kit SmartyCam HD 84° Lens + Solo 2 DL USA
The AiM Trackday kit features a Solo 2 DL, SmartyCam HD Rev 2.1, a suction cup mount that holds both devices, and the associated cables to allow each device to function properly.
AiM Trackday Kit SmartyCam HD 84° Lens + Solo 2 DL USA Details:
- Manufacturer: AiM Technologies
- Manufacturer Part Number: X99SHD8496U2DL
- Solo 2 DL Connection: OBD2
- SmartyCam HD Lens Angle: 84°
- Included mount carries both devices: Yes
- Suction Cup mount included: Yes
- Included needed cables: Yes
What are the differences between the AiM Solo 2 and the new AiM Solo 2 DL?
The DL stands for engine and vehicle data download. If you have a modern vehicle, your AiM Solo 2 DL can extract your engine and chassis data and extrapolate that information for a better understanding of not just driver performance, but vehicle performance and health.
AiM Solo 2 DL Details:
- Manufacturer: AiM
- Manufacturer base part number: X47SOLO2001U0
- Manufacturers part number Solo 2 DL with OBD2 cable: X47SOLO2DL01U0
- Display: Graphical
- Display resolution: 128 x 64 pixels
- Display pages: Up to 8 freely configurable
- Backlight: 7 configurable RGB colors
- Shift lights/alarm LEDs" 10 configurable RGB LEDs
- Integrated track database: Yes
- Inertial platform: Internal 3 axis ±5G accelerometer + 3 axis gyro + 3 axis magnetometer
- WiFi connection: Yes
- GPS sampling rate: 10Hz
- ECU connection: Yes, 3 available
- Connectors: 1 socket (binder) 712, 5-pins, 1 socket (binder) 712, 8-pins
- memory: 4 GB
- Battery type: Lithium rechargeable
- Pushbuttons: Metallic
- Dimensions: 98.0 x 73.7 x 30.2 mm
- Weight: 240 g, internal battery included
- Waterproof: IP67
AiM Solo 2 DL Improvements:
- GPS: Ability to use both GPS and Glonass allowing for faster power-up
- Lap accuracy: with up to 2/100 sec of tolerance
- Backlight: 7 color options
- Auto Learning: If you are at a new track, the AiM Solo 2 will auto-learn the course
- RGB LEDs: RGB (Red/Blue/Green) LEDs are user-configurable
- Recall: On-screen data recall for an easy quick review
- Wi-Fi: Download via Wi-Fi without cables
- iPhone connection: Data download to your iPhone
Choose from 7 backlight colors for a perfect display
Configurable RGB LEDs for predictive lap times or your custom information
Fully loaded database of over 3,000 world tracks
The AiM Solo 2 DL has access to over 3,000 tracks from all over the entire globe. As soon as you turn your Solo 2 DL on, the internal processors self identify your exact position and recognizes the official track starting line coordinates and prepares for auto-recording of your lap times.
- Put your engine and performance data directly onto your SmartyCam HD video
- Complete SmartyCam HD Control
- Seamless full camera control with no additional driver inputs, your Solo 2 DL does all the work
Race Mode Selection
- AiM Solo 2 DL can manage 4 different types of racing:
- Speed races in a closed circuit (road race/circle track)
- Point to point races: Hill Climbs, Autocross
- Regularity: Your custom area
- Performance tests: 0-60mph, 0-100mph user-programmable to custom fields
- Download via any WiFi device
- No cables to lose or leave at home
- Download to Race Studio 3 fast and easy
- Easy, fast true data analysis
- Manage your track database
- View engine parameters
On-Screen Data Recall
- Post-session easy review
- Perfect for driver coaches
- compilation of your most important data fields
We have been amazed (and faster) with the information the AiM Solo 2 DL provided and we welcome the newest addition, and feature-packed AiM Solo 2 DL to our AiM data logging line. Thank you AiM for making data logging and analysis easy.
SmartyCam HD Rev.2.1 By AiM Changes Racecar Video Forever. AiM started with the game-changing SmartyCam original (grey unit). When the SmartyCam grew again to the HD (black box) the already loved features remained and even a few more were added. Now we present the SmartyCam HD Rev.2. The culmination of every video camera AiM has produced. Other cameras systems sorry...Check and Mate
AiM SmartyCam HD Rev. 2.1 Video Camera With Video Overlay Details:
- Manufacturer: AiM
- Manufacturer part number: 67° X98SHD04J6721
- Manufacturer part number: 84° X98SHD04J8421
- Alternate part number: AIM-MC-549-Rev2.1
- Cable included length: 4M
- Connection on camera to dash harness or data hub: SmartyCam 7 pin female
- Connection cable has available 3.5mm female jack for an external microphone or radio connection
SmartyCam HD Revision 2.1 automatically overlays on videos all the data you need: speed, RPM, lap number, gear shifts, and much more. Simply choose the data and the graphic layout you prefer in the huge selection of overlays available.
What Kind of Data:
SmartyCam HD overlays data from different sources on the videos themselves. From GPS: track map and vehicle position, as well as speed, lap and split times. From AiM logger connected to your ECU: RPM, throttle, engaged gear, acceleration, temperatures, pressures, and - in presence of additional sensors - also their values. All this info will be overlayed on videos in every single point of the track.
SmartyCam HD uses the newest Race Studio 3, the powerful software which allows you to configure all details of your videos and to get plenty of fun and information out of them.
You can configure your overlays in a virtually infinite variety of modes: add your logo and the track map, and choose your graphic objects from a list of pre-determined sets with the same layout or even single objects from different sets. Your videos will be "yours" in all details, from the data to their graphic layouts
The video of a whole session once downloaded on your PC, can now be split - with a simple click - in individual videos of each lap: so that you can simultaneously watch two of them and check where you were faster or slower. The same operation can be performed with any SmartyCam HD video recorded on the same track: you will be able to compare your best lap with your friends' personal best!
A lens specifically designed for Motorsports must be robust, must be able to work when the engine rolls 100 times per second, and have good resolution and brightness.
But above all a lens designed for motorsports must reduce distortion, which is a typical problem of lenses used by generic action-cameras: objects placed at ten meters' distance look very far, making it impossible to accurately determine whether the track is straight or curved.
SmartyCam HD telecentric lens with six elements reduces distortion to the minimum and will withstand track vibrations for years. Moreover, the lenses with different HFOV's allow a tailor-made framing in all kinds of vehicles.