AiM Trackday Kit SmartyCam HD 67º Lens + Solo 2 DL USA
The AiM Trackday Kit features an AiM Solo 2 DL, a SmartyCam HD Rev 2.1 with a 67º lens, a suction cup mount that holds both devices, and all the cables necessary to get it all working together properly.
What are the differences between the AiM Solo 2 and the AiM Solo 2 DL?
The DL stands for engine and vehicle data download. If you have a modern vehicle, your AiM Solo 2 DL can extract your engine and chassis data and extrapolate that information for a better understanding of not just driver performance, but vehicle performance and health.
AiM Trackday Kit SmartyCam HD 67º Lens + Solo 2 DL USA Details:
- Manufacturer: AiM Technologies Group
- Manufacturer part number: X99SHD6796U2DL
- Solo 2 DL connection: OBD2
- SmartyCam HD lens field-of-view: 67º
- Included mount carries both devices: Yes
- Suction cup mount included: Yes
- Includes necessary cables: Yes
AiM Solo 2 DL w/ OBD2 Details:
AiM Technologies Group
- Manufacturer part number: X47SOLO2DL01U0
- Display: Graphical
- Display resolution: 128 x 64 pixels
- Display pages: Up to eight, freely configurable
- Backlight: Seven RGB colors to choose from
- Shift lights/alarm LEDs: 10 user-configurable RGB LEDs
- Integrated track database: Yes
- Inertial platform: Internal three-axis 5G accelerometer + three-axis gyro + three-axis magnetometer
- WiFi connection: Yes
- GPS sampling rate: 10Hz
- ECU connection: Yes, via included OBD-2 cable
- Connectors: one socket (binder) 712, 5-pins; one socket (binder) 712, 8-pins
- Internal memory: 4 GB
- Battery type: Lithium rechargeable
- Push-buttons: Metallic
- Dimensions: ~ 98 x 74 x 30 mm (~ 3.9 x 2.9 x 1.2 in)
- Weight: 240 g (8.5 oz), internal battery included
- Waterproof: IP67
AiM Solo 2 DL Technology:
- GPS: uses both GPS and Glonass, allowing faster power-up
- Lap accuracy: < 0.02 sec tolerance
- Backlight: seven color options
- Auto learning: on a new race track, the AiM Solo 2 DL will auto-learn the course
- RGB LEDs: user-configurable
- Recall: on-screen data recall for easy quick-review
- Wi-Fi: download to laptop via Wi-Fi
- iPhone connection: data download to your iPhone
Seven Backlight Colors to Choose From
Configurable RGB LEDs Are User-Programmable
Over 3,000 World Tracks Fully Loaded
The AiM Solo 2 DL has access to over 3,000 race tracks from all over the world. As soon as you turn it on at the track, your Solo 2 DL identifies your exact position, recognizes the official track starting-line coordinates, and prepares to auto-record your lap times.
Solo 2 DL - SmartyCam Smart Integration and Control
Your Solo 2 DL will seamlessly control the connected SmartyCam HD with no need for driver inputs. Your Solo 2 DL does all the work! This integration also makes it simple to overlay your engine and performance data directly into your on-track videos.
Race Mode Selection
The amazing AiM Solo 2 DL can manage four different types of racing:
- Closed-circuit races (e.g., road race, circle track)
- Point-to-point races like hill climbs or autocross
- Performance tests such as 0-60mph, 0-100-0mph featuring user-programmable to custom fields
User-customized area or course
- Download via WiFi to any WiFi-enabled device
- No cables to lose or forget at home
- Download to Race Studio 3 quickly and easily
On-Screen Data Recall
- Post-session review right out of the car
- Perfect for driver coaches
- Compilation of your most important data fields
AiM SmartyCam HD Rev.2.1 Changes Race Car Video Forever
AiM started with the original game-changing SmartyCam. When the SmartyCam grew to include HD, the already loved features remained while new capabilities were added. The latest iteration is AiM's class-leading SmartyCam HD Rev 2.1. The culmination of every motorsports video camera system AiM has produced. To ordinary adventure camera systems, sorry...check and mate!
AiM SmartyCam HD Rev. 2.1 Video Camera Details:
- Manufacturer: AiM Technologies Group
- Manufacturer part number, 67º FOV: X98SHD04J6721
- Manufacturer part number, 84º FOV: X98SHD04J8421
- Connection to dash harness/data hub: SmartyCam seven-pin female
- Connection cable has 3.5mm female jack for connecting an external microphone or radio
The AiM SmartyCam HD Rev 2.1 automatically overlays videos with the data you need: speed, RPM, lap number, gear shifts, and much more. Simply choose the data and graphical layout you prefer from AiM's huge selection of overlay styles.
What Kind of Data Can Be Overlayed?
The AiM SmartyCam HD Rev 2.1 overlays data from different sources onto the videos themselves. GPS track map and vehicle position, speed, lap and split times.
Through your AiM Solo 2 DL, the SmartyCam HD Rev 2.1 can also overlay ECU data such as RPM, throttle position, engaged gear, acceleration, temperatures and pressures, and a bevy of other data from any added sensors you have installed. All the info you choose is overlayed on videos at every single point of the track.
AiM's SmartyCam HD Rev 2.1 integrates seamlessly with Race Studio 3, the powerful software that lets you configure and edit all the details of your race videos. Race Studio 3 makes it easy to maximiz the fun and information you get out of reviewing your race.
You can customize your videos in virtually unlimited ways. Add your team or shop logo, add graphical objects from a long list of pre-built sets, even mix-and-match objects from different sets. Your videos will be truly be yours down to the last detail!
Post-Race Video Analysis Helps You Get Faster
Download the video of a whole session to your PC and, with a simple click, split it into individual videos of each lap. Race Studio 3 lets you watch two laps side-by-side to see where you're faster or slower. In fact, you can simultaneously watch any two SmartyCam lap videos (recorded on the same track). So you can compare your best laps from different days, with different drivers, and so on!
A Motorsports Camera Is Not Just A Camera
A video camera and lens specifically designed for motorsports must be robust, maintaining excellent picture stability, resolution and brightness despite the high speeds, vibration and noise inherent in racing.
Above all, a lens designed for motorsports must avoid the image distortion typical of lenses used by generic action-cameras where objects at just 10 meters distance can look far away. This makes it nearly impossible to accurately review race videos.
The AiM SmartyCam HD Rev 2.1 features a telecentric lens with six elements to reduce distortion to a minimum and will withstand race track vibration and abuse for years. AiM offers lenses with different fields-of-view to give your videos tailor-made framing in all kinds of vehicles.