Race-Keeper HDX2 Dual Camera Vehicle Video System with GPS
The Race-Keeper HDX2 Vehicle Video System with GPS is one of the highest specification video-logging systems on the market. It is supplied with 1080p HD cameras, 20Hz GPS and OBDII/ECU connection capabilities.
Race-Keeper HDX2 Dual Camera Vehicle Video System with GPS Details:
- Manufacturer: Race-Keeper
- Manufacturer Part Number: ROK-HDX2-KIT
- Camera: 1080p HD
- Internal GPS: Yes
- GPS Refresh Rate: 20Hz
- Internal Accelerometer: Yes
- External Microphone: Yes
- Includes SD Card: Yes, 32GB microSD card w/ SD adaptor
- Data input channel: OBD2 or CAN
- 1080p/30 fps or 720p/30fps for brilliant, broadcast quality video
- True Dual Stream HD video for comprehensive video coverage (track, cockpit, rear)
- MPEG-4 video file plays in all popular media players
- Integrated GPS for lap times, splits and track mapping
- 3-axis internal accelerometer for lateral, inline, and vertical G data
- Internal gyroscope for pitch, roll, and yaw data
- Three USB ports for easy connection to additional inputs/outputs
- 1GB Ethernet port for high speed network connection
- Records to removable microSD, USB, or USB 3 for fast and easy off-loading
- Automatic start/stop recording for truly hands off operation
- Fully Compatable with Race-Keeper Comparo Video Data analysis PC software
The two-camera version of HDX2 is the default product for most club-pro level racers. When the 1080p HD cameras outstanding picture quality is combined with the speed, trackmap and laptime data derived from the 20Hz GPS signal and G force data from the systems built-in accelerometer, you end up with an extremely powerful driver development tool that will show you all you need to know about driving lines, braking points, turn in points, apex clipping and more.
The Race-Keeper HDX2 is fully compatible with Race-Keeper's free Comparo HD video data analysis application (available here); this will allow you to use the same applications that the Pros use for reviewing, analyzing, comparing and exporting video and data from your video data logger.
HDX2 is CAN enabled as standard and will support connection to a number of standard ECU’s manufactured by Bosch, Motec, Pectel and MBE. It is also possible for custom CAN protocols to be created so if you are interested in adding these extra data channels to your system but you are running an ECU that is not currently supported, you can import .dbc files straight into Comparo HD for use with HDX2.
The ECU’s on all modern road cars, and therefore some racing cars, transmit signals using the “On-Board Diagnostics” communication standard OBDII. By connecting your Race-Keeper HDX2 to the OBDII on your car, you will gain some data channels in addition to those from GPS and the built-in accelerometers, the main ones being Speed, Throttle and RPM.
These additional data channels will allow you to further analyse your on track performance and see where improvements can be made.