Simpson Hybrid S - Works with 3 Way Belt
The Hybrid S Head Restraint By Simpson is Now the Only Head Restraint Approved for 3-point harnesses that is also FIA approved. This provides added protection for Driving Instructors, Auto Manufacturing Test Engineers, and other cars with 3-point harnesses. Simpson’s top concern is safety. We are pleased to offer protection to this sector of the market.
DE drivers and DE Instructors can now be safe while in a student's car using only a 3 way seat belt. Factory Seat Belts with a Neck Restraint were not compatible until the Simpson Hybrid Nascar Approved Head And Neck Restraint became FIA approved. Stay safe in every vehicle.
For the BEST protection while on a racetrack, we suggest a Full-Containment Cockpit System that includes a Full Containment Seat, Snell rated Helmet, FIA or SFI approved Head Restraint, and 7 point seatbelt harness system.
Simpson Hybrid S Details:
- Manufacturer: Simpson
- Manufacturer part number: SIM-HYS
- Rating: FIA 8858-2010
- Works with 3 way factory belts
- Works with racing 4/5/6/7 way racing harness
- High quality carbon fiber construction
- Low profile. No high back to hook on the bars on exit
- Multiple load paths to dissipate head loads
- Buckle attachment in front. No bulky straps underneath
- Full Carbon Fiber "S" Model
- Connects to standard Hans Post Anchors, not included
- Legal for NASA, PCA, SCCA, BMWCCA, SCCA Pro, IMSA, NHRA, etc
DiscoveryParts Pro Tip: If you currently have a Hans device and coach drivers that only have a 3 way seat belt, choose the Hans Post Anchor. Your helmet mount points for the Simpson Hybrid and your Hans Device are the same. One helmet and you choose devices.
Simpson Hybrid S Sizing Chart
Measure Chest Size directly below pectoral muscles with driving suit on. If not able to measure with suit on, add approx. 1" to measurement. Measurement should be taken with the tape placed against the driver without any slack or pulling the tape tight. If you are unsure of what size to select please call one of our DiscoveryParts sizing pros.