AiM Sports Solo 2 DL Data Logging Lap Timer
THE BRAND NEW DATA-LOGGING GPS LAP TIMER FOR MOTORSPORTS
What are the differences between the AiM Solo 2 and the new AiM Solo 2 DL?
The DL stands for engine and vehicle data download. If you have a modern vehicle, your AiM Solo 2 DL can extract your engine and chassis data and extrapolate that information for a better understanding of not just driver performance, but vehicle performance and health.
AIM SOLO2 DETAILS:
- Manufacturer: AiM
- Manufacturer base part number: X47SOLO2001U0
- Manufacturers part number Solo 2 DL with OBD cable: X47SOLO2DL01U0
- Manufacturers part number Solo 2 DL with RS232/CAN/power cable: X47SOLO2DL02U0
- Manufacturers part numner Solo 2 DL with RPM cable: X47SOLO2DL03U0
- Display: Graphical
- Display resolution: 128 x 64 pixels
- Display pages: Up to 8 freely configurable
- Backlight: 7 configurable RGB colors
- Shift lights/alarm LEDs" 10 configurable RGB LEDs
- Integrated track database: Yes
- Inertial platform: Internal 3 axis 5G accelerometer + 3 axis gyro + 3 axis magnetometer
- WiFi connection: Yes
- GPS sampling rate: 10Hz
- ECU connection: Yes, 3 available
- Connectors: 1 socket (binder) 712, 5-pins, 1 socket (binder) 712, 8-pins
- memory: 4 Gb
- Battery type: Lithium rechargeable
- Pushbottons: Metallic
- Dimensions: 98.0 x 73.7 x 30.2 mm
- Weight: 240 g, internal battery included
- Waterproof: IP67
THE 3 DIFFERENT TYPES of SOLO 2 DL:
AiM Solo 2 DL with OBD cable: This AiM system includes a cable to connect to your vehicle's OBD-2 port and gather vehicle data on top of your GPS and accelerometer data. To see if your vehicle is one of the 1,000+ supported Engine Control Unit protocols CLICK HERE.
AiM Solo 2 DL with CAN Cable Flying Wires: This AiM system includes a cable to connect directly (hard wire) to your vehicle's ecu wiring harness. On some vehicles the data given to the OBD port is "filtered" or not as rich as the direct ecu connection. Just like the OBD cable, here is a list of supported Engine Control Unit protocols CLICK HERE.
AiM Solo 2 DL with RPM cable: This AiM system includes a cable that includes a digital input allowing the Solo 2 DL to log either a square wave signal (8-50V each signal) or pulse signals (150-450 V ignition coil trigger - primary circuit). This is used on older vehicles like the NA and NB Miata. Also perfect for your 70 Chevelle SS with a 454 and points distributor. If you have an older vehicle not on the supported ECU protocols listed above, this is your best choice to log RPM data.
AiM SOLO2 DL IMPROVEMENTS:
- GPS: Ability to use both GPS and Glonass allowing for faster power up
- Lap accuracy: with up to 2/100 sec of tolerance
- Backlight: 7 color options
- Auto Learning: If you are at a new track, the AiM Solo 2 will auto learn the course
- RGB LEDs: RGB (Red/Blue/Green) LEDs are user configurable
- Recall: On screen data recall for easy quick review
- Wi-Fi: Download via Wi-Fi without cables
- iPhone connection: Data download ot your iPhone coming soon
Choose from 7 backlight colors for a perfect display
Solo 2 DL -- the Solo with an ECU connection -- has over a thousand ECU protocols in its database. Easily connect your Solo 2 DL to your ECU and get reams information with just one cable. In case your ECU protocol isn't in the database, no problem: an ECU Driver Builder is available in the included Race Studio 3 software, allowing you to create your protocol yourself. This gives you access to a huge amount of data from your car that can be overlaid with GPS data to create an incredibly powerful analysis and learning tool!
Choose your ECU cable:
- OBD2: the standard vehicle diagnostic port beneath your dash supplies the Solo 2 DL with a wealth of information. This is the standard cable most people will use.
- CAN/RS232: the Solo 2 DL can be connected to your CAN Bus for an even richer, broader spectrum of information than OBD2. This cable can require a bit more know-how to connect, however.
- Coil RPM: the Solo 2 DL now features a digital input allowing to log RPM either from square wave signals (8-50 V each signal) or pulse signals (150-450 V ignition coil trigger – primary circuit).
FIND YOUR TRACK QUICKLY
Solo 2 DL has access to a database of more than 3,000 tracks all over the world! As soon as it switches on, the Solo 2 DL identifies its position, recognizes the starting line coordinates of the track, and is ready to start sampling lap times. If your track isn't in the database, no problem: the Solo 2 DL will automatically enter into autolearning mode, figures out the characteristics of the track, and starts lap-timing anyway.
PREDICTIVE LAP TIME LEDS
The new Solo 2 DL's predictive lap time engine is now even more reliable. And with configurable RGB LEDs, it will give you a clear, fast indication of how your current lap compares with your best possible lap. That's functionality you typically find only on expensive driver-coaching electronic aids; now it's at your fingertips with the Solo 2 DL!
RACE MODE SELECTION
Solo 2 DL can manage different types of races:
- Speed races in a closed circuit
- Point to-point races
- Performance tests (0-100 km/h etc.)
In each of these configurations, Solo 2 DL gives the relevant information during the race/test along with powerful data review immediately after each session.
WiFi & iPHONE CONNECTION
WiFi communication with your laptop is easy, fast, and with no connectors or cables. It's the best way to configure your Solo 2 DL, manage the track database, and download lap data to your PC.
Connect your Solo 2 DL to your iPhone for quick and easy data analysis, managing your track database, etc. This feature is coming soon.
The perfect connection: the Solo 2 DL takes all the data from your ECU, merges it with GPS lap information, and transmits everything seamlessly to a SmartyCam 3 or SmartyCam 3 Dual . The resulting video includes your ECU and lap data in a graphical overlay! Feel free to give us a call at (844) 748-7223 to discuss the cool new features and capabilities of AiM's latest, greatest compact datalogger/lap timer today!