Carbotech CT917 Brake Pads Porsche 996/986
Carbotech CT917 fits the 4 piston Porsche caliper used on many Porsche 996 and 986 brake calipers. Available in Carbotech 1521, AX6, XP8, XP10 and XP12 compounds. Carbotech offers a variety of compounds that can bring you to the deepest of brake zones, smooth consistent spirited mountain or track days, or the best street pads ever produced.
How To Properly Bed In Carbotech Racing Brake Pads
Carbotech CT917 Brake Pads Porsche 996/986 Details:
- Manufacturer: Carbotech
- Manufacturer Part Number: CT917
- Material thickness of pad material and backing plate: .643" (15mm)
- Hawk cross reference: HB550_.634
- Pagid cross reference: 2405
- PFC cross reference:
CARBOTECH BRAKE COMPOUNDS
The Carbotechâ 1521â is our high performance street compound. The 1521â compound is known for its release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. 1521â is also a very low dusting and low noise compound with an excellent initial bite. This compound's excellent linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Carbotechâ 1521â operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 800 F (426 C+). 1521â is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle or fleet vehicle. Carbotechâ 1521â is NOT recommended for ANY track use.
The AX6â is specifically engineered for Autocross applications. A high torque brake compound delivering reliable and consistent performance over a very wide operating temperature range of 50 F to 1000 F + (10 C to 537 C+). The advanced compound matrix provides an excellent initial bite, high coefficient of friction at lower temperatures along with very progressive brake modulation and release characteristics. Many drivers use the AX6â for street driving as well, even though Carbotechâ doesn't recommend street driving with AX6â due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise. AX6â is NOT recommended as a race compound in most applications.
A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range of 200 F-1250 F+ (93 C to 676 C+). Carbotechâ XP8â is the first of our racing compounds. Good initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction, excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance and very rotor friendly. Perfect for track day use with any tire and can still be driven safely to and from the track. Carbotechâ does NOT recommended XP8â as a daily driven street pad due to elevated levels of dust and noise. Carbotechâ XP8â is a great compound on the front & rear of most open wheel and sports racers.
When Carbotechâ unleashed the XP10â to the general public it immediately gathered multiple regional, divisional, and national championships. The XP10â has a very strong initial bite with a coefficient of friction and rotor friendliness unmatched in the industry. Fade resistance is in excess of 1475 F (801 C). XP10â still maintains the highly praised release, excellent modulation and rotor friendliness that have made all Carbotechâ compounds so successful. Carbotechâ XP10â is not recommended as a daily-driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.
Another highly successful XPâ series compound with an excellent initial bite, torque and fade resistance over and above the XP10â compound. XP12â has temperature range of 250 F to 1850 F+ (121 C to 1010 C+). The XP12â has that excellent Carbotechâ release and modulation that has made all other Carbotechâ compounds so successful. The XP12â is more rotor aggressive than XP10â , but compared to the competition the XP12â is still very rotor friendly. XP12â is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.
Carbotech CT917 Brake Pads Porsche 996/986 Front Axle Fitment:
- 2007 Porsche Cayman S Exc.Ceramic Composite Brakes
- 2006 Porsche Cayman S Exc.Ceramic Composite Brakes
- 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Body Code 997 Exc.Ceramic Composite Brakes
- 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Body Code 996
- 2004 Porsche Boxster S Special Edition
- 2004 Porsche Boxster S
- 2004 PORSCHE 911 Carrera 4
- 2004 Porsche 911 40th Anniversary Edition
- 2003 Porsche Boxster Roadster S
- 2002 Porsche Boxster Roadster S
- 2002 Porsche 911 Targa
- 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Piston Caliper
- 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Exc.Carrera 4-S Series
- 2001 Porsche Boxster Roadster S
- 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 4 Piston Caliper
- 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera
- 2000 Porsche Boxster Roadster S
- 2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Carrera 4 Series 4 Piston Caliper
- 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Carrera 4 Series 4 Piston Caliper
Carbotech CT917 Brake Pads Porsche 996/986 Rear Axle Fitment
- 2006 PORSCHE 911 Turbo
- 2005 Porsche 911 Turbo
- 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S Exc.Ceramic Composite Brakes
- 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S
- 2004 PORSCHE 911 Turbo
- 2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Carrera 4-S Series Exc.Ceramic Composite Brakes
- 2002 Porsche 911 Turbo
- 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo Exc.Ceramic Composite Brakes
- 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo