AP Racing PRF/R3 Racing Brake Fluid
AP Radi-CAL R3 is now in a Silver Bottle with a Yellow cap, but for years was labeled as PRF 660. R3 developed for use in high-temperature racing conditions. Conforms to and exceeds FMVSS 116 DOT 4 and SAE J1703 and J1704. There have been no formula changes, just a newer looking label, and a different part number.
This was an (AP PRF 660) Blue Bottle with Yellow Cap now (AP Radi-CAL R3) Silver Bottle and Yellow Cap.
AP PRF 660/R3 Details:
- Manufacturer: AP Racing
- Manufacturer PRF660 part number: 5660
- Manufacturer R3 part number CP5660
- UPC: 848238040081 (this did not change)
- DOT Rating - 4 (this did not change)
- Dry Boiling Point - 608 F (this did not change)
- Wet Boiling Point - 399 F (this did not change)
- Compatible with other fluids - No (this did not change)
- Container - 16.9 fluid ounce (500ml) plastic bottle (this did not change)
Designed to perform at the highest levels of Professional Auto and Motorcycle Racing- AP PRF 608 Racing Brake Fluid exceeds DOT 4 specifications. To ensure that the fluid stays fresh, AP brake fluids are furnished in 1/2 liter (16.9 oz), easy-pour plastic bottles with double-sealed caps.
AP Racing PRF is currently one of the most popular brake fluids at the highest levels of professional auto and motorcycle racing. PRF was specifically developed for coping with extraordinary temperatures, such as those encountered when running a carbon/carbon brake system.
Although PRF isn't advertised with the absolute highest boiling point numbers on the market, independent laboratory testing and trackside data collection have confirmed that AP PRF outperforms competing products when temperatures rise. Don't trust overinflated numbers slapped on a label, trust the product that has delivered countless victories at all levels of racing.
When switching your fluid to AP Racing PRF, DiscoveryParts recommends purging all of the old fluid from the system via a manual bleed. Most of our customers find that three bottles of fluid are enough to completely replace their existing brake fluid and still have enough left over for a bleed at the track to remove any remaining air bubbles.
'Typical' New Dry Boiling Point - 320 C (608 F)
'Wet' E.R. (Equilibrium Reflux) Boiling Point - 199 C (399 F)
R2 (Super 600) Brake Fluid Details:
- Manufacturer: AP Racing
- Manufacturer part number: 15 601600
- Manufacturer alternate part number: AP-CP5600
- New Dry Boiling Point: 312C - 593 F
- Wet Boiling Point: 204 C - 204 F
- Bottle Size: 16.9 oz